Criminal Inadmissibility to Canada

Temporary Resident Permit or Application for Criminal Rehabilitation


Criminal Inadmissibility

If you are inadmissible to Canada due to past criminal convictions, you may still be able to enter if you apply for the correct application.

Contact us for a free TRP and Canada Rehabilitation Assessment

Name *

Temporary Resident Permit

A Temporary Resident Permit (Canada TRP) allows an Individual to enter Canada on a temporary basis. You do not need to wait "5 years" to apply for this permit, although you will have to prove your need to enter Canada outweighs the risks to Canadian society.  You may need to provide extensive documentation about the conviction as well as your ties to your foreign country.  

This is an approval of Rehabilitation to Canada that we recently obtained.

This is an approval of Rehabilitation to Canada that we recently obtained.

Application for Criminal Rehabilitation

This is a different application than the Temporary Resident Permit (TRP). Approval of a Criminal Rehabilitation application is more of a permanent solution. You can use this to enter Canada without having to renew a permit.  You will have to prove you are rehabilitated and not a threat to Canadian society. Violent and drug related crimes have less of a chance of success than a simple DUI (driving under the influence).  

DUIs often cause inadmissibility to Canada because they are considered a hybrid offense in Canada (can be prosecuted by way of indictment of summary conviction). Even if the DUI occurrence many years ago and was just a misdemeanor DUI, it can still cause criminal inadmissibility to Canada.